Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wow.

I am reading an incredible book right now called The Hole in our Gospel by Richard Stearns, the president of World Vision. Here's one part that hit me right to the heart...

"For I was hungry, while you had all you needed. I was thirsty, but you drank bottled water. I was a stranger, and you wanted me deported. I needed clothes, but you needed more clothes. I was sick, and you pointed out the behaviors that led to my sickness. I was in prison, and you said I was getting what I deserved..."

Sadly, I am guilty too. My life does not usually match up to Matthew 25:31-46

However, another thing I have been learning is that I must believe in God more than I believe in a cause. When my life is daily being transformed by the resurrection power of Jesus, I will have that power and strength to imitate God in this world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so honored to call you my friend.

dave rinker said...

what a great book... 'i need to believe in God more than a cause' wow that hit me for sure. thanks for that challenge.

peace.
dave